Sunday, July 9, 2017

Partly Sunny in Seattle

While visiting the remodel of Pike Place market I had the idea to turn the Poppystamps Urban Skyline die into the Seattle city scape. I hope you like this one.


I tried to make a video but the phone flip the image a few time during filming.  This is my 5th attempt at filming a card video.  Giving up on the video for this card too.  Maybe my next card will turn out good.

After die cutting the skyline I cut out the lower clouds and one of the buildings on the side.  I colored the buildings with silver ink.  For the windows I embossed a purple shimmer sheet with the skyline die and cut around the buildings so it will fit behind the sky line.  I used Impress Seattle skyline die to get just the Space Needle and colored it with the same silver ink.

For the background I used a small mountain die from Waffle Flower Riverside die (I use this die to create masculine cards) and positioned it on a white piece of paper behind the skyline layer.  I used oxide inks to make the back ground.  for the water I .use clear wink of stella glitter brush to color movement in the water.

For the base I used a white A2 size card and glued a dark blue A2 panel on top.  I glued the sky, mountain and water back together.  Then added one layer of foam tape to the skyline die cut and put on top


Supplies:





3 comments:

  1. Loving the layers on this beautiful city scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scene you created Sara, love the colours.
    Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful scene! I love your creativity and imagination!

    ReplyDelete

Card Challenges - PoppyStamps MemoryBox

I have created 2 cards to enter into the Poppy Stamps and Memory Box card challenge.  This is my first attempt at entering a card challenge....